Volunteers are an essential component of each Arts In Motion production and we depend upon volunteers to help accomplish some of the production workload.
- Load-In Crew – help with bringing in the props set pieces (move in to theater)
- Strike Crew – help with cleaning up and loading set pieces (move out, after last show)
- Rehearsal Supervision(Youth Players) – attending a rehearsal to monitor cast member behavior, keep noise levels down, and makes sure everyone gets picked up safely after rehearsal ends.
- Costumes – Assist costume designers with taking performer’s measurements, record keeping, and accessory construction.
- Props Construction – Create or gather required props from director’s list.
- Cast Party – Make Arrangements for a cast party.
- Provide supervision at Youth Players events.
- Lobby Display – Create welcoming display in lobby using rehearsal photos, etc.
- Backstage Supervision – Assist Coordinator with cast member preparations, behavior, noise control and meeting cues at the proper time.
- Backstage Clean-up – Help cleaning and/or organizing the backstage area after rehearsals.
- Wardrobe – Assist cast members with costume maintenance and quick changes during performances.
- Stage Crew – Work in the wings to assist cast members and move set pieces and scenery.
- Spotlights – Operate spotlights during tech rehearsals and performances.
- Make-Up/Hair – Assist cast members backstage prior to the show and/or during the performance.
- Concessions – Collect donated food/drink items to sell at our concession stand.
- Ushers – Welcome and direct audience members to seats, be available to assist audience members during the show and monitor the lobby during the performance.
- Props – Manage the prop table by assisting cast members in dealing with their props.
- Poster/Flyers – distribute flyers to help make the public aware of our upcoming show.
- Rehearsal Snacks – collect and monitor snacks for the rehearsals.
- T-Shirt Ordering – take care of ordering and collecting funds for our t-shirts.
- Directing – Arts In Motion is always looking for director’s, to share their passion.
- Choreography – Dance, dance, dance.
- Music Direction- Vocal and Instrumental.
- Stage Management – The job every production needs.
- Costume Design – Sew, design, create.
- Set Design – Create a theatrical work on stage.
- Marketing – Press Releases, Playbills, Photos